Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is a dumb question but can I replace the mass airflow sensor with a different type or do I need an oem one installed? Are they generic as far as the measurements taken and signal given?

The reason is, I picked up a cheap cai from a honda (top mount) but the hole where the maf sits is much smaller. I really don't want to drill it out and grommet it but if I have to I will.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The hole you are talking about is for the IAT (intake air temperature) sensor. Our cars do not have MAF sensors. They use MAP sensor instead, which is bolted to the intake manifold right near the throttle body. I would suggest that you make the hole the correct size to fit the OEM IAT sensor in it. Other sensors may have their values scaled differently.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see, I said it was a dumb question.

Thanks though, that was what I was talking about. I guess it's off to the drill press. $220 for the BMS is sounding cheaper and cheaper everyday.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
NP, how much have you paid so far?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not the money as it is the time (fitting,installing,removing,cutting,grinding) to make it fit. About 50 for the pipe, 5 for the muffler hang I bent to mount it with, however much I spend on a filter to replace the ghetto wire basket filter this thing came with. Of course there is something to be said for the satisfaction of DIYing something like this and it will do until after the holidays when I will probably drop a grand on stuff from kinky (UD, springs, BMS)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts