Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all )

Im going to look at a Jimny today with a view to buying it.
Its very cheap, and well it should be, because the boot floor is rotten. how rotten i dont know yet... i may walk away from it. On the other hand, i have a mig welder and I believe a replacement panel is 200 euros from Suzuki.

Have never owned a Suzuki before! am looking forward to it. I have had Landcruiser 70 series, a lada niva and I currently have a fourtrak on agri tyres that I hop off things in the forest.
I'm buying the Jimny for my girlfriend, so that we can go camping more often. I'm loving the underside, its got all the right bits under there, except smaller )

Can i ask ye please, if ye could point out other common things that go wrong, that i might be able to look for when I'm scrutinizing this car

the jack recess in the boot / trunk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so i went to see this car. It has rust holes right through the chassis in front of the right rear training arm.
there was an outrigger and where it met the chassis, the chassis was rusted through. needless to say i left it.

is this common?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
The boot floor is a common issue, the chassis rot isn't, I would guess that this quite an early model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2015 Suzuki Jimny

Hello,

We are planning on moving from the USA to Lipa City, Batangas in mid-2015 and would like to buy a Jeep-like SUV. I have seen many good things about the Suzuki Jimny online, but also something confusing:

Websites puporting to show evaluations of the 2015 Jimny show 2 very different vehicles, both labeled "2015 Suzuki Jimny". One looks like the current model - like a mini-Jeep with a spare tire on the back. The other looks like a futuristic street car without the spare tire on the back. Both are identified as the "new" 2015 Suzuki Jimny, but they are completely different vehicles. Which one will be for sale in the Philippines? :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts