Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post!!

Hello All,

I've spent countless nights reading through this forum and finally made the commitment and joined. :)

I'm about to purchase a 92' Sammy and wanted to see if I'm making a wise decision. Any help from the experts and veterans are more than welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.

Here it is:

- $2,800
- 170k miles
- New battery, alternator and wires
- All stock

Pro's:
NEVER BEEN OFF-ROAD
Body is straight
Runs like a top
Tires are Yokohama Geolandars with 71k miles left on their warranty including a full size matching spare
Good speakers
Hard top and all the components to re attach the soft top
Rear seat removed but will be yours when you purchase the Samurai
Tuffy locking center console with cup holders and arm rest
Locking tailgate box
4x4 works perfectly (only tested during snow)

Cons:
Hood paint is faded from Eastern Washington sun
Driver side window is finicky
Tags expired
Burns a little oil like every Samurai ever created

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking at the pictures the body looks to be in great shape. The paint is a little off on the hood but should be easy to fix. Those tires are great and if the warranty is there they should have a lot of life left in them. Amazon has them posted at $133 a piece and if you average 15k a year on them (high guess) you will still get just shy of 5 years out of those tires.

That hard top looks like it might be a rally-top, and it looks in good condition. Does it leak? When those are new they are like $945.00 alone Suzuki Samurai Hardtop Molded From Custom Fiberglass

From one of your other posts it looks like you are planning on putting a 1.6 into it so the burning oil should not be a problem.

Honestly? I would pay around 3k for that especially since it has not been off-roaded and is bone stock. It is a great sammy to start playing with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response and feedback.

No leak on the hardtop. I think you're right this rig is a good start for me.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I'd buy it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts