Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but It's more for looks than anything so I'm still goin to look for that type of bull bar, is there any problems you can think of associated with having a big bull bar like the one i saw on ebay?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
looks meaning you want the silly hoopy things? or you want that center bull bracket? Any bumper that uses the stock sheetmetal shell the samurai has for it's platform is not going to be very safe. The samurai bumper is not designed to hang all of that weight on and will twist apart in a collision.

The places that make good bumpers are places like Shrockworks, ARB, Calmini... finding a bumper that isn't functional and just has silly hoops tacked on it like that is not going to be possible unless you go with a backyard welder who made his own. If you buy a real bumper it's going to cost you anywhere from 200-600 dollars U.S. and that's before shipping internationally. Australia seems to be a real gouger for welding and fabricating, but for something small like a bumper, it might be worth your money to find a local fabricator that can build you something like that v.s. shipping one from the States.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
yeah, you just have to remember when you do get a real bumper to drive responsibly in parking lots.... not having a crushable bumper or ruberized plastic covers, it's really easy to do a lot of damage to a parked car if you accidentally graze it while parking... $1500 for a rear quarter panel and paint job on a toyota camry in case anyone was curious. :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha Yer I'll try to remember that one.

Here's an idea I'm not a mechanic but i guess this could work in theory...Is there any other bull bars that aren't necessarily made for zuk's and can be attached to the sierra some how??

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
sure, if you want one that fits the lights and grill properly that's going to be a tough one, but just a generic bull bar without a brand specific brush guard would be pretty easy to get some mounting plates welded in the correct location. I needed to fab some mounting plates for my calmini bumper and it was even designed for the zuki.

Keep in mind that your rig is going to be more narrow than most other models out there, so you may need to do some cutting if you get something that was made for a jeep or a landrover. On the upside, it's always easier to cut a bumper smaller than it is to stretch it larger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts