Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey…..I am very annoyed with my Aerio because I found that taking off this car from a parking spot or in traffic in 1st gear the engine bucks and jumps under 10 mph unless I over-accelerate. I don't know where I read it, but I found that the same problem faced by someone else also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi ceejay ! Yah………it is very common and general problem so there is non need to worry about this, just go ahead and enjoy your drive.
Good luck and bye for now.

Originally posted by ceejay@Jul 22 2004, 12:19 PM
hey…..I am very annoyed with my Aerio because I found that taking off this car from a parking spot or in traffic in 1st gear the engine bucks and jumps under 10 mph unless I over-accelerate. I don't know where I read it, but I found that the same problem faced by someone else also.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Originally posted by ceejay@Jul 22 2004, 12:19 PM
I don't know where I read it, but I found that the same problem faced by someone else also.
The problem is a common complaint. There is one known resolve for the issue that I'm aware of but its in replacing a part with an aftermarket one. Many owners have advised when installing an Under Drive Pulley the 'surging' as we've become accustomed to calling it has either dissipated to an acceptible level or disappeared completely.

If you'd like I can put you in touch with the manufacturer or users who've installed it and been happy with the result. Let me know via PM.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would have to agree with 5150 as I have a U/D pully installed an it did help smooth out the surging in first at part throttle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have never noticed any surging or bucking with mine. I think this problem is more related to user error. Let me explain:

When i forst learned to drive strick on my dads old pickup truck, I had the same issue below 10mph. It turned out that I was just not letting the clutch out smooth enough, so I would make the truck surge forward, then back off the gas and go into this cycle of bucking. If I just nailed it and didnt let off the gas there would be no buck because my body wouldnt start moving back and forth, causing my foot to hit and then let off the pedal. Combine this with somewhat weak engine mountss (which the Aerio seems to have aswell) and you have a nasty buck/surge.

Once I got more used to the truck it was never happened again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can atest to the U/D pulley. It really takes the jerking away to all most 0. There is also a ultra light full size pulley available too. I cannot say if this will do the same. PM 5150 and he will get you in touch with the manufactors

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by ceejay@Jul 22 2004, 05:19 AM

Bucking and Jumping is good when you want to smoke some Honda Civic or Neon off the start! lol

- Horton

·
Registered
4 Posts
How to smoke civics

Please advise on how to smoke honda civics with U/D, I also have it. Please be specific and very technical on rpm to shift and how to do it. I have 04 Aerio S sedan and I am newb at driving stick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts