Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what happened, but somehow one of the buttons on the Pioneer AVIC-F80DAB head unit in our 2017 Ignis has stopped working. I don't think it's water damage, and everything else about the unit is working (to the extent that it ever did, it's a real piece of garbage to use). I've updated to the latest firmware and I'm almost certain it's not a problem with the software.

I'm quite new to having a car -- what do you do to fix something like this? Is it typically expensive to get repairs or replacements for a head unit like this?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm not sure what happened, but somehow one of the buttons on the Pioneer AVIC-F80DAB head unit in our 2017 Ignis has stopped working. I don't think it's water damage, and everything else about the unit is working (to the extent that it ever did, it's a real piece of garbage to use). I've updated to the latest firmware and I'm almost certain it's not a problem with the software.

I'm quite new to having a car -- what do you do to fix something like this? Is it typically expensive to get repairs or replacements for a head unit like this?
Just checking that it's a button on the head rather than the steering wheel remote that's stopped working? If it's the head unit - does the same function work OK on the remote? Does the volume bar appear on the screen when you press the switch? It may be worth squirting some electrical contact cleaner around the edges of the switch but leave for a couple of hours before then trying the switch. Pioneer have approved repairers in the UK. However it's a chew-on and a cost in removing the unit and sending off for repair. The repairer will confirm the repair cost having examined the unit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for replying! The steering wheel buttons still work completely fine, it's only the button on the unit itself that doesn't (no volume bar appears, it doesn't react in any way). I'll give the contact cleaner a try!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks so much for replying! The steering wheel buttons still work completely fine, it's only the button on the unit itself that doesn't (no volume bar appears, it doesn't react in any way). I'll give the contact cleaner a try!
The fact that the remote works would tend to rule out a firmware problem. I think it's a long shot but it may be worth doing a reset. The reset is a small hole to the right of the switches. Use a pointed object pushed into the hole for a few seconds. If everything fails it may be worth phoning or emailing Dtronix (Pioneer authorised repairer) for advice.
PioneerDtronix Ltd2 Canons Road, Old Wolverton,Milton Keynes, Bucks. MK12 5TL01908 326180[email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great, thanks! I updated the firmware to see if it would help, but no luck. I'll try a reset too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts