1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post on here last week I cant find it :(
Any who..
I was driving my 2000 Gv today and came to a hard stop and it staled out :mad:
It didn't bother me I was going kinda fast and I hit the brakes kinda hard the brakes (Sometimes that happens right)
then I did some normal driving and had no problems got in the drive way and hit the brakes and threw the shiftier in Park it staled again :confused:
Okay I got under the hood and started the pushing and pulling on stuff nothing then I noticed my throttle cable was pulled away from the firewall so I moved it and it stalled out :eek:
I ordered a new oem cable I just wanted to pass this on because I remember someone had this same problem and I wanted to share

also I checked my motor mounts because that would brake the cable I found no other problems
Thanks for giving this a read and if any one knows the thread I am talking about please move this one there :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey, I just wanted to say that you should check if your GV is one of the recalled vehicles in which the dealer will replace the throttle cable because the wire would become frayed and then start sticking or something and also there was another recall on the gas pressure regulator. I will try to look for the TSB Bulletin for these 2 issues. I have a 2000 GV 4x4 2.5L Automatic and I called Suzuki customer service after I did a vehicle history report and those 2 recalls showed up and I asked and they said that my GV was one of the affected and so they made an appointment for me at a local suzuki dealership and they replaced the throttle cable and gas pressure regulator for free. Just letting you know ;)

·
Super Moderator
18,421 Posts
I saw a post on here last week I cant find it
I think you may be referring to this transmission cable thread...
http://www.suzuki-forums.com/1g-2001-2006-xl-7/115122-automatic-transmission-throttle-cable-broke.html

Also...

Recall ID # 34307 - VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL:CABLES
Recall Date:
DEC 05, 2003
Model Affected:
1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Summary:
ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, THE ACCELERATOR CABLE CASING CAP THAT IS ATTACHED TO THE VEHICLE FIREWALL CAN CRACK DUE TO EXTENDED EXPOSURE TO FORCES FROM THE ACCELERATOR CABLE AND INSUFFICIENT LONG-TERM DURABILITY OF THE PLASTIC CASING CAP. IF THE CASING CAP BECOMES CRACKED, MOVEMENT OF THE INNER ACCELERATOR CABLE THROUGH THE CAP CAN CAUSE THE INNER ACCELERATOR CABLE TO BECOME FRAYED.
Consequences:
IF THE INNER ACCELERATOR CABLE BECOMES FRAYED, IT CAN STICK DURING VEHICLE OPERATION. IN THE CASE WHERE AN ACCELERATOR CABLE STICKS, THE DRIVER COULD HAVE DIFFICULTY CONTROLLING VEHICLE SPEED, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE ACCELERATOR CABLE, WHICH INCLUDES THE PLASTIC CASING CAP. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN ON JANUARY 5, 2004. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT SUZUKI AT 1-800-934-0934.
Potential Units Affected:
Notes:
AMERICAN SUZUKI MOTOR CORP.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/cars/1999/suzuki/grand_vitara/recalls/#ixzz2yU1bwGiX

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 5 of 5 Posts