Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we start a petition or something to let Suzuki know that we want a small 4x4 like the samurai/sidekick/jimny back here in north america?!

·
Registered
201 Posts
some years ago this had been passed around on other forums. but you can not associate the name samurai, because it has such a bad reputation (because of consumer reports) that they would never bring something with that name attached over.

i would LOVE to get my hands on something like that, a jimny or what not. so give it a whirl.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Support for suzuki vehicles

I would love to see any of those vehicles back over here. I am not a fan at all of the suzuki vehicles they are selling in Jersey. As far as I know, there were other makes that got bad consumer reports. One of the major ones was isuzu and their trooper. All the jeep owners actually blame the samurai for giving the jeep a bad reputation as well. I would take a samurai over a jeep any day. I will never get rid of my samurai.

Will

·
Registered
201 Posts
. As far as I know, there were other makes that got bad consumer reports. One of the major ones was isuzu and their trooper. All the jeep owners actually blame the samurai for giving the jeep a bad reputation as well. I would take a samurai over a jeep any day. I will never get rid of my samurai.
a couple things, consumer reports actually lost the law suit filed against them buy suzuki over the whole samurai issue. it was proven that the test had been modified so that the samurai could not make the manuvers at high speeds (actually i think the original test speeds were 30s and they changed to 40s so they would get the desired results - roll over).

the jeep CJ5 had rollover issues prior to the sami ever making it to the shores of the USA.

and with consumer reports past track record, it didnt surprise me what it thought of the trooper. it all boils down to this, if you have a true 4wd vehicle - not that common any more, with car based SUVs and what not - at say 40 mph and swerve, there is always the chance it will roll.

sorry.....i will now get off my soap box....

yeah and i wouldnt sell my sami either...and right now it doesnt even work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A few years ago I actually contact the USDOT inquiring about importing a Jimny. They confirmed that no one has done it yet so as a result I would need to basically pay for them to certify that it can be made to meet the US standards and then, of course, also pay to have those modifications done.

I have to agree that the Samurai name might not be a good consumer name because of the Consumer Reports fiasco but I can't see anything wrong with brining the Jimny over as is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts