Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi to all i have a samurai 1987 and i swap the rear brake to disk using infiniti g20 rear calipers ,this calipers are build in ebrake and i an using the subaru wrx master cylinder but the BRAKE PEDAL IS HARD AS A ROCK ,any of you have use this master cilinder with a subaru brake booster or other brake booster to see if the pedal feeling is more easy going
thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is the subaru master cylinder the same size as the infiniti G20 one? What calipers do you have on the front?

You shouldn't mix and match calipers from cars with different master cylinder sizes. A 1.75" master cylinder has about 3 times as much surface area as a 1", which would make the brake pedal as hard as a rock if you had calipers designed for a 1", because you only need a third of the pedal movement to create the same amount of brake pressure (so the pedal will be at least 3 times harder).

I believe the Samurai master cylinder is 7/8th. So the calipers are made for that master cylinder size. Your Subaru master cylinder is going to be much bigger than that, so if you've still got Suzuki brakes on the front, your brake pedal will be hard because of that. How hard depends on how mismatched the calipers and master brake cylinder are.

Make sure the G20 calipers match the Subaru master cylinder. If they don't, get a G20 master cylinder.

Then make sure your front calipers match the G20 calipers and master cylinder (swap them for front G20 ones?). Probably best to get an adjustable brake bias valve too, if you haven't already.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello and thanks for your replay ,yes you are correct the caliper from the Subaru have a bigger bore than the samurai and yes i was using samurai calipers on the front ,i replace my master cylinder for the Subaru months a go when my master cylinder was leaking ,what i did this weekend i went to e a junk yard an i get a geo metro mc witch it is way thinner than the subaru and installed to the samurai ,and the pedal now is soft again, it have a lot of play but i need to bled the lines to see how it will work i will report latter

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts