Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what can I put on my springs so they wont rust anymore shit Just put em on 2 weeks ago! got the old man emus i guess they are graphite coated but get a couple scrapes and getting rusty already.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I found that the best thing to do is "do not" fix your oil leaks. The oil leaks all over the underside of your vehicle and waterproofs it for you. Make sure you never wash your vehicle either.

The second option I would take is get a rattle can of rustoleum premium auto paint from the hardware store. Goes on quick and easy for touch up work and isn't expensive. Then you can just re-shoot it whenever you bang them up. It's your undercarriage so you really cant avoid nicking them once in a while.

If you go with something thick and heavy like bedliner or undercoating, it will probably delaminate over time as the leafs in the springs flex and slide on one another, then you could be trapping moisture against your spring in the air-gap thats created. Never used it on springs though so I can't really do much other than speculate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts