Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am hoping I can receive some help with my Suzuki Forenza I recently purchased. When driving and I apply the breaks, they seem spongy. The pedals goes down about half ways down before they start to catch. Also, the rear rotor do not seem to grab on the rotors. There is a faint rust on them. I did replace one caliper on the driver rear side.
Does any has any ideas how to properly repair the rear calipers (breaks) ? Thanks peps for your time.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi GCJ welcome to the forum! first, have you checked the brake fluid level? where the brakes bled? air in the lines can cause a spongy pedal feel. if you replaced one of the calipers i doubt if thats your problem. the brakes are proportioned so the fronts do most of the work but i dont think the rear rotors should have rust on them. one thing you could do is jack up the car put a jack stand under it. then spin the wheel and apply the brake to see if the caliper is actually clamping down. dont do this with the car started or with anyone under the car. heres a link to the online service manual. i wouldnt suggest trying to fix the brakes yourself unless you know what your doing, it could be a big safety issue. if you want to do it yourself have someone who knows how to do it help you.
heres the link it should have all the info you need in it
Daewoo Service Manual
let us know what happens

·
Registered
20 Posts
7-even,

THANK YOU for the link to the Daewoo Service Manual!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be replacing the (valve cover gasket, spark plugs, struts, pads and rotors), this will come in very handy!

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts