Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Suzuki owners! ^_^

My name is Melissa, a very frustrated and stranded owner of a 2001 Suzuki Vitara 2.0 L .

I am currently living in South Carolina in a super small town attending an engineering internship for the summer, and my poor Suzuki is missing a brake shoe adjuster, part number 5378267d00.

I 100% understand this part is a needle in the haystack, since I have been searching for this part for weeeekkkkksssss. :(

I've currently been without a car for about three weeks tomorrow, and I can't take it anymore! I am BEGGING for anyone's help to find this ONE part.

I have searched every website, called places, and I honestly cannot find anything, so now I turn to you, the internet.

The worst part is the town I am staying in has no great public transportation since it's a super small town, and I'm currently surviving by getting rides from generous people, but I hate being a burden on ANYONE. :(

Please help!! Anyone! :(

·
Super Moderator
17,606 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,606 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a regular Vitara. I'm not certain if the parts for the Grand Vitara fits the regular Vitara.

Can anyone PLEASEE verify if I can buy this 5378265d00 for the Grand Vitara for my regular Vitara?:wub:

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I've also just checked those numbers and the Cami built does show 53782-67D00, however the 53782-65D00 looks just he same :confused:

Welcome to the forum Mellisa

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
The above diagram shows the 53782-67D00. It does differ from the 53782-65D00 as marked. If the rest is same a quick file and jobs done, however I have no idea if the rest is identical.
Every site I see the 53782-67D00 listed shows it as no longer available as you have already found :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm....i'll call Florida in the AM to see if they have the part, but I'm wondering if the Suzuki dealership would be able to tell me if the grand vitara is the same brake shoe adjuster as the regular vitara.

If anyone else knows the difference, pleaseeeeee write it!!!

To the guys who have replied, THANK YOU SOOOO MUCHHHH!!

·
Super Moderator
17,606 Posts
The Parts Counter person will know the specifics as to the part number, fit nature per model and availability.

I think that the recommended part WILL be the 65D00 ;)
Unless of course you need the opposite side part, which has a different part number.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Just be aware, you can drive the vehicle without the adjuster, it just wont auto adjust the shoes..

All that part does, is rotate the star wheel..

... Philip

·
Super Moderator
17,606 Posts
you can drive the vehicle without the adjuster, it just wont auto adjust the shoes..
All that part does, is rotate the star wheel..
I too was thinking along those lines, but the little bracket also anchors a spring and at least one lever of potential need. That and without restraint, would the adjuster vibrate / rotate to an undesirable (adjustment) position? Don't know.:huh:

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
The spring is to actuate the lever motion, and silicone will hold it from rotating (or chewing gum).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, in s nutshell, what should i do? should i order the parts everyone else has listed? Is it the same?

·
Super Moderator
17,606 Posts
Suggest going into a Dealer part purchasing discussion telling them the year, model and part by name / side that you need. Use the diagrams provided to identify the part by name and location only. Let THEM provide the part number that is applicable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did do all that, but in terms of the diagram...

according to my yr make and model, that previous picture i uploaded thats discontinued is what exactly i need.

·
Super Moderator
17,606 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi!

So i definitely solved the problem. I ended up buying a 2001 geotracker break adjuster which fit perfectly with the vitara part i was looking for...at last moment, i ended up getting a vitara break adjuster, but at the same exact time, i got the geotracker that was exactly the same part in the mail.

:) <3 thank you everyone for the help months ago. I drove the car fine back up to the north east, and the breaks were fantastic. I now have an extra break adjuster in the car JUST IN CASE.

So to summarize the solution: Break shoe adjuster for suzuki vitara 2001 is obsolete. Buy the geotracker 2001 break shoe adjuster that matches with the break diagram with the vitara diagram. Part number will NOT match, but will fit. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts