Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've searched the forum for discussions on the proportioning valve and master cylinder. I haven't gotten anything definitive from what I've read so figured I'd bounce it off all you guys. This morning I backed out of the driveway and when I cut the wheel and went to brake it felt a little abnormal. I touched the brake again and it seemed okay, thought maybe I imagined what I had just felt a minute before. So I go down the hill forward to leave and brake and the pedal went to the floor. I decided to switch cars but when I got back home I did check the brake fluid level which is exactly where it should be. I saw no drips from the resevoir or the master cylinder. I just crawled under the car to see that other valve by the rear wheels that was mentioned in other posts. (Not sure of any of the valve names at this point). This weekend I'll pull some wheels off to see if I see any obvious leaks at each brake, but I've so far seen nothing. My dash brake light is not on, as it sounds like it shouldn't be on considering the fluid level is at max. No work has been done to the brakes recently either. Any tips on a known problem, or tips on what and how to troubleshoot next? I just now drove it around the neighborhood a minute ago and it's fine right now. I can't imagine a one time brake problem is a fluke and don't want to pretend there wasn't a problem, I'd like to know they're working the way they should so I'm not going to ignore that.
Sorry for the length of the post, thanks for any help or advice you can offer.
BTW, if it matters, it's a 94, all stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
re brakes
as of that you wrote it sounds like air lock and all its happening as per book but all u need
1 when did u replaced brake fluid last time-may creates some problems
2 strip drums and re adjust shoes but firstly slack handbrake at the lever
3 bleed the system
4 after you'll bild back up adjust handbrake back to 4 cliks
5 strip front wheels remove caliper and make sure pads move freely
if the problem still there i'll be suspecting master cylinder
:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts