Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 2008 Suzuki swift 1.3L - and about 3 weeks ago I was driving down a hill with the brakes on when I went over a pothole. My brake pedal rattled for a few seconds under my foot - and ever since then - the brake pedal has been soft and has to be put right to the floor to stop. I sent it in the garage to get it bled several times and to get the ABS bled. They said nothing happened and so I asked them to replace the master cylinder - as I had heard this could be a cause. They have done that today to no avail. They told me they’d try to bleed it again tomorrow to see if it makes any difference but if anyone could give any suggestions - that’d be great. I don’t know if they’re wasting time? Or not bleeding them correctly and leaving air in? I’m not very clued you on the inside of the car.
Any help is very appreciated.

·
Registered
9,356 Posts
sounds like air trapped in the ABS accumulator, or dirt stuck under a solenoid in the ABS allowing pressure to bypass. They need to use a decent scan tool capable of correctly "exercising" the solenoids and using the ABS pump to pressure bleed the ABS unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts