Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a cap..just the cap. I had no idea these would be so hard to find! They are N/A from dealer, aftermarket, or salvage yards.

If you have an MC res for sale WITH the cap..that would do if it's not a brazillion bucks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,310 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. Saw that. Asked the seller about it 'cuz the range of years was odd.

It's not an '89 cap. At least, it's not the cap I have on my '89. It has only two tabs on the bottom, not three, so it's meant for a 180º spaced engagement, not 120º. The seller changed his description after our email exchange. As he said, that his cap came OFF a '98 doesn't mean it's a '98 cap..just as mine being on an '89 doesn't mean IT is OEM, either.

I appreciate the heads-up. I had checked the bay before I posted the 'want' here...and I didn't see that cap listed then.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
I wonder if something off a Metro might not work?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if something off a Metro might not work?

I have found little information on the part cross-reference wise. One salvage yard told me that only '89-90 Tracker/Sidekicks had the same cap.

Seems a strange part to have largely vanished from availability. Motive (makers of power brake bleeders) were aware of the type of cap when they saw pictures..said the use of the cap was small enough that they had determined it not worth their while to make one to fit their products.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
For info: The one in the picture on eBay looks like the caps on my 4 door Sidekicks. My 2 doors (various years 89 to 98) use a larger type cap that matches the power bleeder in my Tracker tool kit. My 1996 4 door SPORT model has this same larger cap. (If you do not believe me, see my blog for pictures.)

So... look for caps/listings for 2 doors and Sport model parts.

Caps master cylinders and reservoirs are fairly generic. I have a hard time believing that a cap is only for ONE model for a couple of years. Just doesn't seem logical or cost effective to manufacture.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I bet I have one, shoot me a text, 719-371-0479, we can figure out all the details and I'll do what I can, i have probably 15-20 to choose from.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am txt-less. If that is a mobile phone and I knew the carrier, I could send an SMS using my computer, though!

It's a 1/4-turn cap A pic is attached.

What other information would be useful to you?

Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yessir! Two tabs on the bottom, 180º apart. The cap is 3" across. ..not sure what you are comparing 'small compared to the others'. This cap is LARGER than other caps I've seen.

Check your PMs!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A note for the sake of clarity and correction: The cap has FOUR tabs on the bottom, not two. I had been looking by 'make/model/year' so that particular failure of observation on my part hadn't been a problem. smerft asked about it, I looked again, mistake found.

It does have two tabs..it just happens to have two more tabs...too. :(

Quite an embarrassment...I can't count to four evidently.

A 'Thank You' to smerft for questioning the bogus description.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts