Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 2007 SX4 Crossover has developed an unusual problem. When the car is cold, the brake light comes on for a couple seconds after you let off the brake pedal. This happens each time you let off the pedal and the light remains on for about two seconds. Once the car has been driven for a while, there aren't any issues with the light. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
if you add a little brake fluid the light will go away.
but have your front brakes looked at, the pads are probably getting worn causing the caliper piston to extend, and thats where the fluid went..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, that was it. The brake fluid reservoir was pretty much empty. Filled up with fluid and the issue has ceased. Suppose that means brakes are going to be the next item to replace. Thanks for your quick response!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yup, that was it. The brake fluid reservoir was pretty much empty. Filled up with fluid and the issue has ceased. Suppose that means brakes are going to be the next item to replace. Thanks for your quick response!
You should of checked the brake pads first,now when you replace the pads ,the fluid will leak out of the reservoir.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine did that when I needed new brake pads. After I got the new pads, the break light did not show up any more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts