Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

New to the forum. I have been driving a 1998 GLX Wagon for about 4 years and I love it. It is reliable (even at -40) and roomy and fuel efficient.

I have run into an issue, though, with the brake lights. Neither of the brake lights mounted on the read of the tailgate is working. The "stopping lamp" strip atop the tailgate does work though. That led me to believe that the bulbs needed to be replaced in the brake light compartments, which I promptly did. That was evidently not the problem. That then led me to suspect that a fuse might have blown, but I cannot find any blown fuses.

Are all three brake lamps on the same fuse? Any ideas? Previous experience with this issue?

Thanks

Brian
Fairbanks, Alaska

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I have a 97 Baleno and have experienced similar problems with the dashboard light and the horn. It turned out the problem was with the wiring and contacts that needed a good cleaning. The wires were intact, but over the years and the 150.000 km the car has driven, the contacts had oxydized slightly and caused sporadic failures that required me to tap the dashboard for the light to turn on. And the sound of my horn trailing off to a low beep.

After spending an afternoon following the wires and cleaning contact surfaces with a stiff glass brush the problem was fixed. But I think the wires for the rear lights are a little harder to access.

Best Regards

Thomas
Dalmose, Denmark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts