Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my 2010 3.2L's brake light keeps coming on when I hit the accelerator pedal, especially when I'm on an incline. Once I let go of the accelerator (and then press it down again) the light is no longer on.
Handbrake is disengaged of course. Brakes themselves seem to work fine. I checked the fluid level and it seemed OK (just above "minimum"). Could it be anything else?

Mike

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just top it up. Just a little bit though
I'd check your brake pads. Low fluid indicated pads are worn out.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm an optimist. There could be a leak but it's far more likely it's simply pad wear.

·
Registered
330 Posts
A leak would be very rare for a late model GV at this stage. On the other hand, it is a good idea to flush the brake fluid every 2 years or so, I don't recall if this is called out in the owners manual but it may be. Also, if the fluid level is low enough to start activating the low fluid warning lamp you should consider checking your brake pad thickness.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
It seems the obvious thing to do is to isolate the level sensor as the reason for the light coming on by disconnecting the plug where it's located under the reservoir. You may need to short the contacts, as needed to simulate the level being correct.
Aren't you still under warranty?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.