Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm driving down the road in my 92 Tracker when the brake light just comes on for no reason. I pull over check the e-brake and it's not engaged at all, I pull it up and i notice the brake light gets brighter, then when released it gets dimmer but doesn't go out. :confused: so I check the fluid level and its full.I get out look under tracker and check all wheels for fluid leaks and all looks good. I push tracker by hand and no brake binding noticed so I drove it home.

I notice at home that I can press the brake pedal a little and I notice the light goes out, let pedal come back up light back on. :confused: The brakes are working fine and I can't find anything wrong with the brakes and why the light would just come on.

Anybody have any experience with the sensor that is located by the master cylinder just wondering if that could have anything to do with it?

Thanks for your help in advance... Kid...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Check the brake light switch at the pedal, when you release the brake pedal it pushes the plunger in and turns off the lights, when you push the pedal it releases the plunger to turn on the lights. either it's going bad or got misaligned.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think everyone who read this help question may not have realized I am talking about the brake light on the dash coming on. The brake switch is fine.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
You may have RWAL (rear wheel antilock brakes), and the BCM (my words "brake control module") may be giving you a code.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JHOLL Thanks for your help no apology necessary I'm glad you tried to help. Thanks to everyone who helps and even reads this post. Kid...

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
The brake light will go on if there is the smallest amount of a drop in brake fluid, or the tiniest leak in any of the hydraulics. It may also be a good idea to disconnect the parking brake switch, just to make sure that this is not the cause. Other than that, you have - as Ranger calls it - a 'BCM' (and perhaps you should first confirm if you actually have the RWAL or LSPV brake system. If RWAL, you can jump the brake computer to see if there are codes - normally thrown for solenoid issues.
Getting codes described here:
http://www.suzuki-forums.com/suzuki...o-tracker/124330-brake-light-wont-go-out.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same exact problem on my 94 Sidekick, 1.6L 16V w/ automatic tranny. Started today, fluid is to MAX line, brakes seem to work normally. How do I tell if I have rear anti lock brakes?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
Look under the car at the rear axle by the passenger side tire - if you see a lever there with a spring on it at the axle, you have LSPV. Or look under the dash, above the fuse panel, for a black box on the firewall. That's the RWAL controller. The RWAL will also have a speed sensor on the rear differential.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts