i have a kizashi 2012 sport
i need to know what type of brake fluid suit best for my kizi
and how many liter i need to buy.??
what is dot 4? dot 5?

thx

·
Super Moderator
17,819 Posts
Your Owner's Manual will specify the type.

You can Google type 4 and 5 differences.

Quantity needs? We know not of the activity. Are you just topping off, flushing, replacing components or conducting a system bleed! :huh:

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
and surprisingly, a lot of the suzuki's use DOT 3

DOT 5 is silicone based and not recommended to be used in systems that have had DOT 2,3, 4 fluids in them as it can react leading to failure of seals and loss of braking. As far as I know, no Suzuki comes with DOT 5 as standard.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank,
yes it is dot 3
it marked on the brake fluid reservoir cap:
USE DOT 3 ONLY...

how much liter i should buy it i am replacing it?

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
thank,
yes it is dot 3
it marked on the brake fluid reservoir cap:
USE DOT 3 ONLY...

how much liter i should buy it i am replacing it?
depends on how much you wish to flush it. 1 litre should be enough to refresh it, but running some thru the system is advisable, 2 litres would be my estimate, You need to bleed the ABS pump and bleed all corners and run at least a litre thru the system.

You will have ABS on that model I believe, the ABS section needs to be flushed and bled using a scan tool that will operate the ABS pump and valves otherwise you will achieve nothing as old fluid will remain inside the pump accumulator and galleries and will contaminate the fresh oil as soon as you activate the ABS, negating any fushing you have done manually.

User flushing / total system bleeding is not recommended unless the scan tool is available and you have experience with ABS systems as you will have no way of getting any air out of the ABS unit if you inadvertently let any into the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts