Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
When I got home from work today I noticed my girlfriend's 09 SX4 had some brake fluid on the asphalt. I checked under the hood and it looks like it's coming from the brake fluid tank. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I couldn't get it to leak any more fluid with the car running and pumping the brake, so I'm thinking it might only happen when it's hot. It doesn't appear to be coming right off the master cylinder as there was a drop ready to fall directly below the fill cap.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
566 Posts
has brake work been performed recently?? putting in new pads requires compressing the caliper pistons which will raise the fluid level in the master cylinder. sometimes it's necessary to remove a bit of fluid when this is done to prevent overflow.- this is just one possibility?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope she hasn't had any brake work done for a year. She says she hadn't been hitting the brakes hard that day, either. Thanks for the reply, though.
Is there any more information that I can give the forum? I can take pictures if it will help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts