Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Use dot 3 you should be okay with that as this is usually what is used in Japanese vehicles. Check the reservoir cap sometimes it will tell you on that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does it have this info with surplus zukis? with the type of engine that i have u think its possible to install an ac? if not will an electric fan good enough to cool it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok just check thoroughly and its dot-3. if i want to fill-up brake-fluid do i need to throw away the current fluid and fill it up with the new one? what brand do u recommend?

·
Registered
28 Posts
cityboy said:
ok just check thoroughly and its dot-3. if i want to fill-up brake-fluid do i need to throw away the current fluid and fill it up with the new one? what brand do u recommend?
Dont throw away the current fluid in your reservoir. Just fill the reservoir until it reaches its full indicator. If your brake fluid in your reservoir is decreasing from time to time, then there is a leak in your brake system, youre in big danger, have fix it right away.

remember, always keep the brake reservior clean and free from contaminants or else youll possibly loss your brake system when driving.

·
Registered
114 Posts
On the contrary, it is good practice to replace all the break fluid. Break fluid absorbs air in time and this adds to the sponginess feeling when engaging the breaks. Left over fluid in the container also absorbs air so better to buy only what you can use. DO NOT TOP OFF BREAK FLUID AS A REGULAR HABIT. Yes, have it checked for leaks if you need to top it off frequently.

That's why they sell it in small containers because you cant store an opened container for very long without wasting it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
isporttrak said:
On the contrary, it is good practice to replace all the break fluid. Break fluid absorbs air in time and this adds to the sponginess feeling when engaging the breaks. Left over fluid in the container also absorbs air so better to buy only what you can use. DO NOT TOP OFF BREAK FLUID AS A REGULAR HABIT. Yes, have it checked for leaks if you need to top it off frequently.

That's why they sell it in small containers because you cant store an opened container for very long without wasting it.

oh, my bad. have read some article that this fluid, yeah, absorbs air. i forgot it :( thanks for that, it reminded me also.

by the way, what do you mean by "top off break fluid"? or you mean tapping off frequently to check if the fluid is in good amount? and why it shouldnt be a regular habit? i want to learn more.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Chipmunk888 said:
oh, my bad. have read some article that this fluid, yeah, absorbs air. i forgot it :( thanks for that, it reminded me also.

by the way, what do you mean by "top off break fluid"? or you mean tapping off frequently to check if the fluid is in good amount? and why it shouldnt be a regular habit? i want to learn more.
i think what isporttrak is trying to say is that it will not be a good habit to just "TOP OFF" or yung abuno lang ng abuno and gagawin mo sa break fluid, maybe interms of years.. :lol:

which means that sometimes you may need to completely drain the brakefluid from your system and fill it up w/ a fresh fluid. Kung panay ang abuno mo ng fluid, talagang meron leak. have it checked right away. indication ng leaking eh kung medyo damp or basa ang isa or lahat sa mga brake drums/caliper. (usually sa may plate).

OT:
please correct me if i'm wrong, break fluid does'nt evaporate right?:confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
blue said:
i think what isporttrak is trying to say is that it will not be a good habit to just "TOP OFF" or yung abuno lang ng abuno and gagawin mo sa break fluid, maybe interms of years.. :lol:

which means that sometimes you may need to completely drain the brakefluid from your system and fill it up w/ a fresh fluid. Kung panay ang abuno mo ng fluid, talagang meron leak. have it checked right away. indication ng leaking eh kung medyo damp or basa ang isa or lahat sa mga brake drums/caliper. (usually sa may plate).

OT:
please correct me if i'm wrong, break fluid does'nt evaporate right?:confused:

hehe, parang years na walang ligo. i thought what he meant is tapping off, hehe.jk

uu nga, suspicious og possible leakage na talaga kung panay ang abuno. lalo na yong maliliit na rubbers inside the drum brakes kung panay ang heavy passengers mo and excessive application of brakes.

hmmm, uu nga noh. hindi kasi siya oily at saka malakas pa mag absorb ng moisture which might push him to evaporate...ano kaya.....

·
Registered
114 Posts
hi guys, sorry now lang reply.

yes blue, you hit it right on the dot and yes, brake fluid does evaporate.

have it checked if you see moist areas. you'll never know when you'll run out of brake fluid or the hoses might burst. this is a dangerous thing!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Chipmunk888 said:
hehe, parang years na walang ligo. i thought what he meant is tapping off, hehe.jk
yikes! :eek: heheheh

add ko lang, check nyo rin ung master cylinder, ung Sentra ng brother ko nabanga dahil lang sa isang rubber cap na faulty sa master cylinder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts