Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Competition comin up on the 6th of July. This is what I'm buildin for the back of the Reno.

Two old school Kenwood 10's, a Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 and a Pioneer DEH-P8500MP.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, it's changed. Still buildin' that box for the daily, but the comp system is different.

It's gettin a Digital Designs 3515 powered by the same Xenon X600.1 amp, although I'll run it unregulated pushin ~1800wrms. I had my choice between the 3515 and a 9515, but I needed a 2 ohm load and the 9515 is dual 2ohm, not possible. Should still see some sick numbers.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Regardless of interest or feedback:

Got 5 sides together, so far. Next is the baffle/port. Not really much room to fire the port anywhere but straight up.

It's taking longer than expected, as my biggest paying client is going to be my competition at the show, so he's gettin' most of the focus until his is done.

For those wondering (yeah right), it's got about 4.25 cubic feet with ~70 square inches of port. Port depth (tuning) not set in stone as we're gonna give it a mic and tweak it and see what's possible.

I'll get some pics up this evening.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the next morning, but whatever.

Camera Phone ftl.

Tonight those 2x4's are getting radiused. The speaker will sit on the far side, port on the near side, both firing up. This'll be a somewhat universal encloure (change out baffle, of course) for both the 3515 and the 9515. We're lookin to mess up some hearing and set some records.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Box changed again, lol. Pics tomorrow.

Metered this afternoon at 146.5 @ 62hz with 600wrms on an AudioControl. He said it last calibrated a couple months back about 1db lower than USACi's TermLab, so lookin' good.

We're gonna do some tricks tomorrow afternoon, see if we can squeeze anymore out of it. Goal is to stay in Stock 0-600. If I have to, we'll put the 9515 in it and 2 M1A's and go modified or pro stock.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took 1st in Stock 601-1800 (even though I only had 600 watts) with 150.1db and 1st in Street Beat 2 with 144.4db.

Single Digital Designs 9515
Dual Digital Designs M1a (300w @ 4ohm) strapped with 1ohm load (that means 1/2 ohm each).

I got hated on bad by the 0-600 guys, as I WAS in their class, then they bitched and I got bumped up to 601-1800.

I'll do it again next week.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just read through this - a bit late. Nice work. My bass experience is guitar-related, but I often wonder why we bass players aren't taking advantage of this kind of forward thinking, instead of hauling around big square 4x10" cabinets that haven't seen a design change since Hendrix was in middle school.

Congrats on the win! Sound clips or a youtube video would be tight.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just read through this - a bit late. Nice work. My bass experience is guitar-related, but I often wonder why we bass players aren't taking advantage of this kind of forward thinking, instead of hauling around big square 4x10" cabinets that haven't seen a design change since Hendrix was in middle school.

Congrats on the win! Sound clips or a youtube video would be tight.
I'll get some after pics up here in a sec. The only video taken was from a camera that didn't record sound (DOH!). New comp this weekend, will make sure to get some sound on that one.

I've got a fully operable 1/4" guitar jack under the dash...I don't play, but it's where I jack in the external HU. Tried my buddies electro-acoustic, sounds pretty sweet!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I don't know why my pics won't upload.

Another comp this past Sunday, Midwest SPL. Nice guys. Got a 146.9db on the windshield, good for another 1st and highest of the day.

Now that system's sold and I'm building up a smaller driver and my Xenon 600.1. This'll be interesting, especially if I still kill those Tiburon boys with their 4 12's, again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is Judy Deng from xencon, glad to know you all here! I wish we can become good friends and fine cooperation!

We are Haining Xencon HID Source Technology Co. Ltd, the No.1 in High intensity xenon discharge lamps area, investing Ballast and all accessories for auto&Stage& torch lighting system. Our general manager is very strict with quality, all bulbs are made in dust-free workshops, and each process with a inspect station.

Main products: H1,H3, H4, H5 ,H7, H9,H10, H11, H13, H17
D2S,D2R

We are R & D the similar products, also can offer OEM service

Our Process:
1.Our glove machines are from Germany, Pills, tubes, are from USA. The technic is Korean process, and over 80% of our workers are worked more than 4 years. Professional!

2. We are manufacturer, have good system for guarantee.

3. Advantages:
lumen maintenance: 3000+_500lm
Life-span: 3000 hours
Color temperature: 3000K to 30000K
Operate temperature: -40 to 120 degrees Centigrade
Guarantee for 2 years, lifetime system!
Our own brands: Haili and Xencon. or OEM

We are very glad to invite you come to our factory!

Best regards
Judy Deng
º£Äþг¿¹âÔ´/º£Äþг¿Æû³µµÆÅÝ/º£Äþг¿HID/º£Äþг¿¹âÔ´¿Æ¼¼ÓÐÏÞ¹«
MSN:[email protected]
T:0086 573 87872718
M:0086 13736465409

1 - 12 of 12 Posts