Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would I go about buying and installing a remote? Just one that unlocks/locks car(trunk, alarm, etc). We bought the car and it only came with one key and no remote. So how would I go about installing a remote?

I dont think it has an alarm though...someone help?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi. your can probably had an alarm from factory. is there a light by the drivers side door button, the thing you pull up and push down to lock the door? thats the light for the alarm. it might have been disabled before the sale. you could call a dealer and see if its possible to replace the key, the remote is part of the key. if not youll have to go and either have one installed or if youre able install one yourself.i think bestbuy might do instillation's. or some audio installers will do them. see if any of your friends could recommend a place

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't see a light by the lock thing...have any idea how much it would cost to have a remote installed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a Keyless Entry System installed on my 07 Forenza. I think I paid around $150 no too sure but that was at Circuit City, which is no longer around. The brand of the system is VALET model 712t. It does what it needs to do and I haven't had any problems with it since 2007. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So could I buy something like this?

Should I try installing myself? Or take it to a professional?

The reviews say its super easy to install....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts