Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have been trying to fix the smoking problem in my sami for months now. i started with the rings new rings, that just made the smoke worse. i did the valve seals today. the seals made the blow by coming out of the valve cover hole stop, but it still smokes out the exhaust. if you sit at a stop light for a bit and take off it smokes, but goes away.

today i was told that i may have not got a good cross hatch in the cylinders and to put some borax in there to ruff it up and help the new rings seat. anyone have anything to say about that. or has anyone done this and had it work.

thanks
James

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is one of those things (from my point of view) that the old time mechanics used to do. I do not believe that this will ruff up the cylinder walls because Borax is not abrasive. I have heard of people using it when a engine sits for along time and has rings that are stuck. The Borax acts as a cleaner in the oil and removes the deposits stuck in the ring grooves.
You might try it and see what happens. If it doesnt work, you are probably going to tear it down anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts