Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol.. i cant remember! i plan on getting new wheels since my friend gave me a good offer on mine. Anyone know how wide i can go? I have 17x7.. i was hoping to get 18x8 maybe even 8.5?

I dont know anything about wheels really so help me out. Usualy i learn everything from researching it first but my wheels i jsut went out and bought (I had two replace two tires so i figured just buy whole new wheels)

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by kinkyllama@Jan 12 2005, 05:54 AM
Lol.. i cant remember! i plan on getting new wheels since my friend gave me a good offer on mine. Anyone know how wide i can go? I have 17x7.. i was hoping to get 18x8 maybe even 8.5?
I dont know anything about wheels really so help me out. Usualy i learn everything from researching it first but my wheels i jsut went out and bought (I had two replace two tires so i figured just buy whole new wheels)
Is the bolt patter4x114.3?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, the bolt pattern is 4X114.3 and as far as the tire it depends on the offset. A +40mm you could get away with like a 225/40/18, the greatter the + offset the wider you can go. Put the stock springs back on if you go any bigger otherwise there won't be enough clearance. I have 215/35/18 on mine but when I replace them I will probably do the 225/40/18. Just remember this will make your speedometer read to slow. With the 225/40/18 when your speedo reads 60MPH you will be doing 64.2. This link may help you decide what size tires to get.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by ashark2@Jan 12 2005, 07:04 AM
Yes, the bolt pattern is 4X114.3 and as far as the tire it depends on the offset. A +40mm you could get away with like a 225/40/18, the greatter the + offset the wider you can go. Put the stock springs back on if you go any bigger otherwise there won't be enough clearance. I have 215/35/18 on mine but when I replace them I will probably do the 225/40/18. Just remember this will make your speedometer read to slow. With the 225/40/18 when your speedo reads 60MPH you will be doing 64.2. This link may help you decide what size tires to get.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
But you can fix the speedometer problem. Where though? and how much is it?

thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
223 Posts
Upload Pics

I'll upload some pic's for those who don't think it's pretty sweet. It all depends on if your a rim guy then it looks ridiculously cool. also the ride is okay as long as you don't hit like a big pot hole or nothing. I mean i'm preety used to it by now because I been rolling on at least 20's for the past 4 years.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ashark2 said:

Tire size calculator
Why would you wanna move to a 40/18? Too me that defeats the purpose...having a 40 series on an 18 will make the 18" wheel look as small as a 17" so I'd just move down to 17s if you want the extra ride comfort and you'd get some performance back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts