Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 GV needs both front fenders, right liner, etc. I'm thinking of using the fender w/o flair. Anyone know whether those will work? How to find them? Would they need another trim piece in lieu of flair? Will existing liner (left) work with other type fender?

Thanks for your input.

·
Super Moderator
19,086 Posts
I don't know what flair-less fenders you are referring to, but replacing with stock / used fenders from a junkyard to me would be the most appropriate. You can even search for those of the same color and not have to paint! ;)

Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

not sure this (inserted stock image) is '01, or GV, for that matter. Damage on right was there when purchased, 3 years ago. At that time, if memory serves, my research for needed parts turned up only a fender w/o the square holes necessary to mount the flares, and the metal part was the cheapest thing on the list. Now all research, so far, turns up only fenders with the holes.

Thanks for the link, Max.

·
Super Moderator
19,086 Posts
Then I'd be looking at Vitara (not GRAND) and Chevy Tracker fenders at the Bone Yard.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,254 Posts
I am at a loss,

I did a rebuild on the left side (front and back quarters and driver door) of my Tracker last summer, do not recall any square holes...

.... Philip

·
Super Moderator
19,086 Posts
I believe that he is referring to the flare mounting holes used for different trim levels of these otherwise similarly fender vehicles. :)

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,254 Posts
I believe that he is referring to the flare mounting holes used to support the different trim levels of these otherwise similarly fender styled vehicles. :)
My side trim was affixed with 2 sided tape...

... Philip

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
There are several different (and I believe interchangeable) fenders, they vary according to market and trim levels.

Trackers & Vitaras generally don't come with the plastic trim shown in the image above, which is a Grand Vitara - it's a quick way to tell them apart - there are square holes in the fender that accept clips that retain the trim.

My car has them and also a hole for a turn signal "repeater" between the front door and the wheel arch.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I am at a loss,

I did a rebuild on the left side (front and back quarters and driver door) of my Tracker last summer, do not recall any square holes...

.... Philip
Those tracker fenders may be what I need, Philip. I'm wondering about compatibility with the plastic liner I have on the left as well as mounting at other points.
Yes, Max, the square holes are for mounting the flair, I am exploring the possibility of going without the flairs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts