Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have many electrical problems going on with my 2006 Grand Vitara. All happened at the same time. I was told to check BCM. I pulled battery out to find it but could not locate it. Before I continue does anyone know if this is the problem that caused my engine, battery and door ajar lights to come on. Plus the stereo and keyless entry have stopped working. The air conditioner comes on and off on its own.
The OBM diagnostic meter (not sure of proper name) was not able to get any reading at all. Battery and fuses have been checked. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Multiple faults appearing at the same time could be the result of a bad ground connection. Attached is a diagram with the locations. You might want to check all of those first. The BCM is under the dash at the left.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bcm

Thanks so much for the advice and most of all the diagram. Without a Vitara manual I would not have been able to find them. I have only checked a few and so far they look good. Thanks again :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the ground controls are good. Would you know how to test the BCM? Where and what it looks like?
I had the dealer put a remote starter on it when I purchased it (after market was installed) in 2006, although it has been on for many years with no problems, I saw a post about a few of the same problems I'm having & it was thought to be from remote starter. I was not able to find the response on that. What do you think? Thank you again.
:blush: My questions must seem very basic (or stupid) but remember I'm a female and not at all mechanically inclined and especially NOT with electronics.
your a very patient person to be willing to help me. lol

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Auto electrics can be pretty complex so there's no need to apologise, plus this is exactly why auto electricians have jobs.

Even if you found the BCM I don't think you are going to be able to test it in any useful way. They aren't known for failing either.

It's obviously hard for me or anyone else to diagnose problems from afar, especially without a good description of them, but if it were me I would first renew the battery if it is more than five years old, irrespective of any test anyone did. Be sure the terminals are clean and check around the engine compartment fuse boxes for any signs of corrosion. Do you use a water blaster on your car?

Then you or an electrician should zero in on the work the dealer did putting in the remote starter. The GV is well-engineered throughout and it's more likely than not that someone has messed something up. Look for loosened connections, especially ground screws. If you are not familiar with electrical connectors you should defer the job to someone who is. Do you have any hookups regarding the RV? Is it towed?

If you need more specific help you should document the symptoms more precisely. Exactly what happens when, and when it goes back to normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts