Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 sidekick, I plugged my phone charger into cigarette lighter and blew the cord up. Did not blow the fuse at all. I also tried my dash cam, and it fried that cord as well. The cigarette lighter works great, but everything else blows up, any ideas would be great!!!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
12,180 Posts
The only thing I can think of would be polarity, although I doubt that the stock wiring can be connected backwards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it's not hooked up wrong. Also bought another charging port and wired it into fuse box, and it blew the charger too. Not sure what's going on.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
12,180 Posts
Have you checked the voltage?

Under what circumstances does it blow the charger - immediately upon connection, when the engine is started, or ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I just bought a voltage meter to check it. Will post readings. The unit will run for a few seconds and then blow, with the engine off.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top