Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got an 88 samurai and spend some winters in south dakota, read cold!
i've looked on line and found a company in minnesota, phillips and tembo
that sell freeze plug screw in block heaters for my 1.3l engine. does anyone
have any experience with these folks? my zook really knocks when it first starts at 0 degrees!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I live in North Central British Columbia (read colder) and I'm installing a n in-line heater that goes in the lower rad hose and keeps the fluid warm. My buddy used on in his '79 F-150 and found that it worked better than a block heater. I believe that these heaters even circulate the warm fluid. For now I just slap a ceramic heater under the hood for a hour and away I go to work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
block heater redux

I live in North Central British Columbia (read colder) and I'm installing a n in-line heater that goes in the lower rad hose and keeps the fluid warm. My buddy used on in his '79 F-150 and found that it worked better than a block heater. I believe that these heaters even circulate the warm fluid. For now I just slap a ceramic heater under the hood for a hour and away I go to work.
try phillipstembo.com
they sell a bolt on heater that heats the water line next to the block.
it might, and i'm guessing, even heat the oil. they are canadian, the
block heater maker, so i guess they would know cold. retails for about $72.00 us
and thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was just talking to a guy that said you can buy magnetic heaters that he used to use on his heavy equipment. He would stick one on the block and another on the transmission. I will try to get more info and post it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was just talking to a guy that said you can buy magnetic heaters that he used to use on his heavy equipment. He would stick one on the block and another on the transmission. I will try to get more info and post it.
I just got off the phone with local parts store and they stock the magnetic ones for about $60. Way easier than any other heater....just stick on and plug in....but remember to remove it before driving. This is a great idea because you can then move it to a skidoo, snowblower, quad or whatever toy needs some heat! Temro part #3400017.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the part number.. will look for it..
sorry about the misinfo in re web site... its phillipsandtembo.com but it appears that you got that anyway.. thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts