Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Geo Tracker 4X4 5 Speed. On my way in to work this morning my blinkers stopped working. The 4 way flashers work, but no blinkers. Blinkers were working yesterday.
I will work on the problem when I get home. But thought someone might have an idea of what I can do, in the event it is an easy fix, and I can get them working before I go home. Lots of lefts and rights on the way!
Thanks

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,255 Posts
Either the fuse or ground (column switch)...

..... Philip

·
Super Moderator
24,466 Posts
The fuse for the blinkers is different than the one for the hazards. The backup lights also work off the blinker fuse - so, do your backup lights work?? I believe that the right and left sides work off of different grounds. Does the indicators on the dash work, or is that not working as well??

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No backup lights and no horn either.
Can anyone tell me where the fuse is and what size, so I can pick one up on my way home. My manual is at home and I'm at work.

·
Super Moderator
24,466 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks,
That was the problem. Luckily there was a spare 15amp fuse in the cover and now I have blinkers. I also have brake lights. But the horn, which is on the same fuse, isn't working. Don't remember the last time I used it, but I tried it at lunch, just to see what else wasn't working, and it doesn't work. Maybe it's a bad ground.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Check the ground straps on the steering column, (under the hood)..

...... Philip

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Must be more to it. Maybe a short somewhere. I lost my blinkers again on the way home. But the horn works now. Reached in to reset my trip after filling up and it went off just bumping it. Checked it a few more times and it works. Maybe just a bad connection.
Any thoughts on why my blinker/backup fuse is blowing?

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Must be more to it. Maybe a short somewhere.
Any thoughts on why my blinker/backup fuse is blowing?
You said it, a momentary load greater than the fuse capacity...

Time to use a DVOM and investigate.... place a breaker (auto reset) instead of the fusible link to aid in the search... DO NOT EXCEED the fuse rating....

.... Philip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts