Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I recently bought a 1992 Sierra and its been rock solid up until now. On my last commute home the blinkers decided to stop working (both sides), but engage the hazard lights and they're blinking just fine. This happened a week ago too, but the blinkers came back to life later that day so I forgot about it.

The fuse appears to be fine, so the problem must lay elsewhere in the circuit. I'm guessing the 1x1" plastic enclosure above the fusebox is the flasher can/relay holder, but i'm not entirely sure. I'm assuming the can is OK otherwise wouldn't both the blinkers and the hazards fail?

I can try replacing this, but just looking for other troubleshoots to try before I go spending money. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think it has to be the blinker relay (above the fusebox). If I pull it out nothing works. If I put it back in I get a couple of flashes out of it before it dies again. On closer inspection it looks like an original relay so i'm guessing it's the source of my woes.

I'll try find a replacement.

·
Super Moderator
12,434 Posts
I'm not 100% certain on your vehicle, but I believe the hazards and the turn signals use the same flasher (it's not a relay in the true sense of the word), you can confirm by the pulling the flasher and checking to see if the hazards go dead.

I have seen similar issues on a different Suzuki, caused by the hazard switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts