Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 geo tracker that i got for $1700. I began operation huge and cheap. I am getting a two inch body and a 2 inch suspension lift. Ive been seeing alot of people running 31'' tires, but not to many people running 32" tires. Will I be able to fit 32x11.5 tires? I am not afraid to chop the fenders if need be. There are many posts about tire size, but I have yet to find an answer that doesnt conflict a different post. I just want to make sure I can fit 32's before I spend any money. Any help would be much apreciated.

·
Registered
621 Posts
2 Dr or four

·
Registered
621 Posts
.... you should have explained it's an 1800 altered ego suspension lift with new arms and links LOL

With a 2+2 I'd run 31s.

·
Registered
37 Posts
.... you should have explained it's an 1800 altered ego suspension lift with new arms and links LOL

With a 2+2 I'd run 31s.
LOL... probably should have gone into it a little further, you're right. If you wanted to run the Hagen widening mod, you could probably get away with 32's... But 31's would be a nice fit and much less hassle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I apreciate all the help guys. If I wanted to comfortably run 32x11.5 tires with a 2+2, what would be my best plan of attack. like I said previously, im not afraid of moderate fender and wheel well chopping.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I apreciate all the help guys. If I wanted to comfortably run 32x11.5 tires with a 2+2, what would be my best plan of attack. like I said previously, im not afraid of moderate fender and wheel well chopping.
If you perform the "Hagen Widening Mod", I would say that you should be fine after knocking back the floorboard. The Problem that you are going to run into is that the wheelbase is all in the wrong place... Your front suspension is too far back causing trouble with the firewall, and your rear suspension is too far forward, causing trouble with the QTR panels. The Hagen mod (New Page 1) will push your front wheels further forward, but you'll still have to deal with the back (Much easier to deal with).

To give you an idea - My wheelbase has been extended both front and back, and I am still going to have to run bump-stops to keep it from grabbing at full bump. You should not have as much trouble at full bump since you won't have the same up-travel, and you are running much less tire for a somewhat close lift size.

I should note that even after the altered wheelbase, I had to section even the radiator support up to the headlights to get it to clear, as well as cut the grille... etc. I would guess that I have somewhere between 3-5" of "virtual lift" that I cut out of the body.

Hopefully that helps
-Ben

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all of the help is very much apreciated. I would really like to avoid doing the hagen mod if at all possible because I dont really have the access to the correct tools or the knowledge to perform the mod correctly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts