Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know of a bigger radiator that will fit in a samurai with minimal work. like just fabricating new brackets and get new hoses?? i live in death valley and when pulling up some of the canyons here where its just nonstop climb for miles it gets hot even with an electric fan in front as well as the clutch fan. i just need bigger tanks or something to keep it cooler out here when its 125 F and up!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Also available at: lowrangeoffroad.com and trailtough.com, and probably some others as well. I've done business with both of these guys (as well as PW and Hawk) and they're great to work with also. Lots of great choices!

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Bill, that Alumunium radiator, will it do even for the 1.6L engine? Or is it strictly for the 1.3L engine?
It should. I have it in the Stalker for the higher revving 1.3 I did, but I still the stock rad in place for my 1.6 8v and in the grey ghost in front of the 1.6 16v. They work great. The aluminum rad just offers more capacity and cooling capability.

·
Registered
448 Posts
It should. I have it in the Stalker for the higher revving 1.3 I did, but I still the stock rad in place for my 1.6 8v and in the grey ghost in front of the 1.6 16v. They work great. The aluminum rad just offers more capacity and cooling capability.
You have the stock 1.3L radiator on your 1.6? That's really impressive! I didn't think it would be able to cool the larger block engine.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
For cooling, the 1.6 8v is not really that much bigger... And as I said, the 16v is running a 1.3 rad also without a problem. But going to the larger aluminum rad would be good insurance.

·
Registered
192 Posts
more rad...

Anyone know of another radiator from another car/truck that will fit, that is more than 30% larger. I don't mind tweaking the mounts and can fab new ones.
I am thinking I can get one from the salvage yard and get the thing just right, then buy a new one when $ is better. I am thinking taller wouldn't be an issue, and there seems to me plenty of room on each side. The only thing are the hose connections.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts