Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
yuma - you are a man after my own heart! i am about to replace my 235s, with a set of these....and even better - these are the tires that i am currently running, and they have lasted GREAT! and you can't beat the price. i so wished you lived close to me.

thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
192 Posts
stock is 26". going up to a 29" is a decent upgrade and going to a 31" isn't all that much of a jump from 29". If you are going to do it... do it.
Oh, and just because a tire says 31" doesn't mean it's 31". It changes from brand to brand. Note the 31" you are looking at is really 30.6".
Change the gears and you should get most of it back.
Again, first gear is going to seem like 2nd, and on... 5th may not be of any use at all...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very true gasjr, but given I don't want to re-gear (I would drop a 4.5 to 1 t-case first!) and am already blowing smoke from a bad bearing... I just think some 29's are about right, for me.

26 to 29 is like an 11% increase, to 31 is around 18%, so it's a bit more than just a tad...

Actually, if I had the $$ I would do like a 32 x 8.5/9.5. pizza cutter style.

Besides, if I want to go bigger, I have a beater '88 Bronco II 2.8 dura-sparked with a 2" lift I can throw the 235's on .... it runs some worn ass 235 wranglers now and it a fairly decent scrambler... or it while be again once I get a new carb on it...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thx Mule ...Maybe we should meet in Oklahoma sometime!!! Can't see what tire you refer to, it comes up an ad for Goodyears...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
the green highlighted text is popup ads, not links provided by the poster. The ad-engine searches for words in your text that it can link to one of the ad sponsors of the site.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Excuse the hi-jack here, but I'm going to 235/75 R15 C load with 2" spacers. Adding a Weber Carb and fast flow exhaust system. New front Bumper. Any guess if I will be ok with stock gearing or any other issues I might be overlooking?

·
Registered
13 Posts
mszuki -

Those identify the load range ratings of the tire C E etc ... I actually got the 31 x 10.5 Wardens the BFG AT knock offs. work great, good bite, no wear after 2k.

Rouko - you lose some gearing but with the carb and exhaust hopefully it'll even out... I lost alot with the 31's. 5th gear is putter gear now, I max out at around 55. Course my #3 cylinder ain't all that healthy

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Excuse the hi-jack here, but I'm going to 235/75 R15 C load with 2" spacers. Adding a Weber Carb and fast flow exhaust system. New front Bumper. Any guess if I will be ok with stock gearing or any other issues I might be overlooking?
You will get more answers starting your own thread...

With that said:
Going from stock 215's (27.7") to 235's (28.9") will change your speedo reading but it won't really make enough change to warrant a gear change for the highway.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I did a 2" bodylift,
The fuel filler rubber hose clamps have to be loosened so the hose will move, then re-clamp after lifting.
The brake line bracket on the right front guard (RHD) under the bonnet has to be moved (drill new holes and re-mount).
The steering column i think is on a spline so loosening the clamp on it and extending will fix that, authough unbolt between column and steering box while lifting, extend and rebolt after. I made a new rubber joiner between box and column that was thicker than oem to make up for some of the distance change. Watch the cooling fan on the radiator shroud.
Take the gear lever out of the top of the gearbox and bend it back a bit near the bottom so it wont hit the dash in 1st, 3rd and 5th.
Im pretty sure that was all that was needed.

BUT while youre at it, lift the transfer case 2" as well, now it will be nicely tucked up inside the chassis rails and not sticking out to get hit.
I also lifted the radiator 2" so it was back to where it used to be compared to the body, but dont remember why... maybe because the fan would hit the shroud? I cant remember if I had the electric fan in at that time or not.
If you want me to explain how I lifted my transfer case just ask. (cost about $10)

·
Registered
105 Posts
ive got a sierra the oz version of the samuria ive only got 2 inch lifted springs and shocks to suit and im running 30s with no dramas at all still got good up and down travel well better down than up but thats leafs for ya my tyers are on a 15 by 9&half wide rim sorry cant remember offset

21 - 35 of 35 Posts