Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into cleaning the injectors on my sammy 1.3i 1994, want to know what the best way about doing this is? Iv seen Redex in a car shop near me which you pour 1/8th into a full tank of petrol, iv also seen to run some cleaner straight through the injectors, which is best, safest (wont cause problems) and cheapest? :) Thanks

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
problem with putting fuel additives in to clean the system is that they sometimes loosen deposits that are in your tank or filters and then THAT gets in your injectors. With a newer vehicle it's not as much an issue, but the older the vehicle, the longer it's had to build up crap in the fuel lines and system. If you want to clean the whole thing, have the tank cleaned and clean out your lines and replace the hoses, but if you're just doing the injectors, get a high pressure injector cleaning kit and clean them out properly. The cost of a kit is probably similar to the cost of having a mechanic do it. If you have multiple vehicles or can find a good deal on one, it may be worth it for the kit, but for a one time use, I'd just take it to a garage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts