Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the mini 4x4 world and have some questions about getting started. I have been looking for a small 4 wheel drive that I can use as a daily driver and get at least 25+ mpg and still be a capable trail machine. The trails are mostly woods and dirt trails, some hill climbs and possible mud. I don't need a rock crawler. What would you suggest? Something like a tracker, samurai, sidekick...
Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well I think that this could be debated for days, there are alot if opinions out here on this subject. I have the 97 sidekick sport. It is the 4 door with the 1.8 witch can be a little harder to find parts for. Now it is a personal thing as to whether yo want the 2dr or the 4dr for seating or just for the room. I am 6'5" tall so for me the 4dr was better because of the room and I have two boys with me all the time. There are other options out there too but if I were looking for a rig I would be looking for a 4 dr Sidekick with the 5spd in it

I am currently gettin right at 26.6mpgs with my Kick and I have a lot bigger tire on it than factory. I was in the 30mpg range before the tire change but I got a SCREAMING deal on the rubber so Iwent for it. Happy Hunting for what yo want and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info, that's exactly what I was looking at on Craigslist. Its a 4 door too, they want $3,000 so I might go for that

·
Super Moderator
12,173 Posts
Like aixelsid says - this could be debated for days - I wouldn't describe a Sidekick Sport (especially a 4 door) as a "mini 4x4" - it might depend on your definition of mini, but it's quite a bit bigger than a Samurai - and it might depend on where you are, what's available, and where you drive on a daily basis.

Ever seen a Mitsubishi Pajero Jr? Two door, smaller than a Samurai, choice of 660cc or 1100cc engines with or without a turbocharger, very economical - but - I wouldn't buy one as a daily driver, and for the same reason I wouldn't buy a Samurai as a daily driver - too small.

Note also that aixelsid says the parts for the Sidekick Sport are a little harder to find - think twice before buying one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts