Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for asking but I can't seem to find an answer. I have a X90 and realized its running on 15 yr old rubber. As one is leaking, it seems a good time to replace the tires. Stock size is 195 65 R15. I may put a lift on in the future but not now. What is the largest tires that go on a stock X90 and don't rub? I had 235-75-15's on a Tracker but the bodywork on the X90 apparently won't allow it. Didn't like them anyways as IMO they were too big for the engine. (The 235's were supposed to be 10% slow but the radar I went through showed almost dead on speed) I'm leaning towards 205 70 R15, which I'm pretty safe with, but get only a 5/8" lift and 5% slow on speedo. Nice to know what the largest could be.

·
Super Moderator
24,211 Posts
I found this:
There are also suggestions in the comments.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Bex
I had seen the video but did not read the comments. That is what started me thinking. Stock tires are 25" diameter. The 215/65R16's they try are 27"and they could rub. The 205/70R15's I am considering are less than 3/4" smaller which, depending on how hard the 16s rubbed, could give less than 3/8" clearance. Not a lot!

·
Super Moderator
24,211 Posts
You should stick to the 15 inch size for whatever you get, IMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts