Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have just got my new Ignis Sport, and I am now planning to tune it. The K&N 57i kit was bolted on about an hour after leaving the showroom!!
Now, its onto the exhaust!!

ANYONE on here got any advice on best system to go for? I am getting a stainless steel Cat Back system custom made, and just wondered what size/shape of tailpipe would maximise performance? I was gonna get a twin exit, but was told that as there was room for only one box with two pipes, this would loose power. Therefore, straight cat cak it is.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Anyone put a new exhaust on their Ignis Sport?

CHARS
Dizza

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah.
I made a custom system , what i did is remove the exhaust chamber , and run 2 1/4 " pipe straight to a cannon, its loud, but no louder than a turbo and if you wanted to quieten it down you could add another resonater.
It makes first & second gear more responisve and revs a lot easier all the way till it valve bounces. also feels like there is more power at the wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Mate,

Does that mean you cut out the back box completely, and just ran a pipe STRAIGHT from the Cat Back?
Was it the pipe that was 2 1/4? What size was the exit pipe mate?

Sorry about the questions mate, I just want to know what will give me best performance so I can tell the guys who are making it. They aint done any Ignis Sport before!!

Cheers for any more help mate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, i took off the entire exhaust , The cat converter & resonater are right at the front of the car so its all legal.
the 2 1/4" pipe goes into a 2.5" autotechnica cannon.
see pics[attachmentid=38][attachmentid=40][attachmentid=39]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts