Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
18,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to share me recent experience dealing with amayama.com hopefully someone else can benefit from it.

I would normally use megazip.net for Suzuki parts, and I have used amayama.com in the past for Mitsubishi parts, but a friend asked for help sourcing intake parts for his H25a, and we were trying to hold the costs down, so amayama.com was selected because they listed better pricing.

Two orders were placed, one with the Japan warehouse, the other with the UAE warehouse - what ensued was a colossal f'up and run around.

First - one item in a three item order from the location #1 was cancelled because the "supplier raised the price", and we had an almighty runaround to "re-order" the part at the higher price.

Second - one item in a two item order from the location #2 was cancelled because the part "was no longer available", and the remaining item has apparently been "lost in transit" - we've just cleared the "30 day" point prior to which they will not start a tracer - so this is still unresolved.

I should mention here that the "no longer available part", which was ordered from megazip.net after amayama.com cancelled has long been delivered.

Bottom line - my friend has the two parts he needed - it ended up costing pretty much the same as it would have had I avoided amayam.com and gone directly to megazip.net, I could have saved myself a ton of frustration and phone calls, and I'm still missing two engine mounts".

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm going to share me recent experience dealing with amayama.com hopefully someone else can benefit from it.

I would normally use megazip.net for Suzuki parts, and I have used amayama.com in the past for Mitsubishi parts, but a friend asked for help sourcing intake parts for his H25a, and we were trying to hold the costs down, so amayama.com was selected because they listed better pricing.

Two orders were placed, one with the Japan warehouse, the other with the UAE warehouse - what ensued was a colossal f'up and run around.

First - one item in a three item order from the location #1 was cancelled because the "supplier raised the price", and we had an almighty runaround to "re-order" the part at the higher price.

Second - one item in a two item order from the location #2 was cancelled because the part "was no longer available", and the remaining item has apparently been "lost in transit" - we've just cleared the "30 day" point prior to which they will not start a tracer - so this is still unresolved.

I should mention here that the "no longer available part", which was ordered from megazip.net after amayama.com cancelled has long been delivered.

Bottom line - my friend has the two parts he needed - it ended up costing pretty much the same as it would have had I avoided amayam.com and gone directly to megazip.net, I could have saved myself a ton of frustration and phone calls, and I'm still missing two engine mounts".
So sorry dude. I've seen OEM parts from Megazip but never ordered. But now that I know you have ordered from them I know I have another place to get parts.

·
Administrator
18,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In comparison, Megazip has been very professional - I've had one "hiccup" with them - they quoted a low shipping price on a light but bulky item, that was one part of a four item order. The quote was based on weight, and then Fedex "volumed it out" so that the shipping went up by around $150 (this is a fairly common practice with air freight couriers) - Megazip contacted me by email, explained the situation, let me know which of the items caused it, and asked how I wished to proceed, cancel the one item, or approve the additional shipping - I approved the shipping and Megazip took the additional step of repackaging the smaller items so they all fitted into the one box containing the larger item, reducing the total cost a little.

·
Registered
2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.7 v6 4 wheel drive
7 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience as well as a website that's legit to order from. I recently ordered from
SuzukiAutomotiveParts.com and I'm getting the run around from them, it's been a nightmare! Will definitely check out the website you've provided.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts