Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suzuki XL7 2008 67000 mi.
Never had a problem with this vehicle. Worked fine up till this morning when I went out to start and the battery was dead. All the doors were closed. It was in the garage where it was about 10 and outside -12. It may just be the battery, but I was wondering if anyone else had this happen. :mellow:

·
Administrator
19,041 Posts
Is it the original battery? If so, it's about time for it to go - and yes - batteries do fail without warning, I've parked my car, and come back 15 mins later, and the battery is dead, and yes, it is more likely to happen in cold weather - in fact - it's not a bad idea when prepping a vehicle for cold weather (you do prep your vehicle for winter, don't you?) to have the battery checked, and if necessary replaced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I did get it charged enough to start the engine and then brought it in and got a new battery (and an oil change while I was there). Seems fine now. It was the original battery which is what I thought could be. It has been very cold here in MN this year. Just checking with this forum just in case. Thanks again for taking the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.