Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone,

I have a SJ413 model.
The battery warning light is not working. I try turning my ignition key to get the dashboard warning light turn on while engine is off. Everything else on the dashboard lights up normally, but the battery warning light doesn't seem to be working. I check the battery voltage and alternator, both of them are in good working condition. I replace and try switching the dashboard bulb, but it still doesn't work.

I would like to ask for some advice about this situation. Where else should I be looking for the problem? Battery is fine. Alternator is fine. Warning light bulb is fine.

Any advice or recommendation will help.

checkengine.jpg

·
Super Moderator
23,568 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Just to be clear and make sure that you are on the right side of this forum, are you driving a Samurai or Sidekick? I’m assuming that it’s the Samurai. Just in general, if your alternator checks out, your battery is ok, the bulb in the dash is ok, then the one thing left is the wiring. And as these cars are getting really old, wiring is becoming an issue. I don’t have a schematic for the Samurai, if that’s what you’re driving, but I’d check the continuity on that wire - wiggling it around to see if it’s an intermittent fault. I’d also check whatever connectors are on that circuit.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
and check the plug on the rear of the alternator. Ign light feeds direct from Alt. Common point for corrosion and broken wires just as wire terminates into connector at the plug.

its possible the regulator in the alt is not outputting a lamp signal, rare but it can happen.
Check wiring between alt plug and lamp and lamp and ign feed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Dear Bex,

Thank you for your advice. Yes it is a Samurai. I haven't find the time to work on the car yet, but I will update this thread again after I fix the problem. Just in case someone got the same problem later.

Thanks,
Mal

Edit: I also have just realized that I have posted this thread in the wrong section on this website. I apologize everyone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear 2013GV,

Thank you for your advice. I will check the alternator rear plug again when I have the time. I will let you know how I solve my car problem when I do.

Thanks,
Mal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts