Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,172 Posts
Some of the newer Suzukis do have an ECU controlled alternator and if your is one of these, my guess is you would have mentioned it previously - when I asked about the alternator plug and suggested there were two or three wires in the harness, you only mentioned two - an ECU controlled alternator would have had more.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hello,
I don't have the one with the ecu. I was reading on different sites and wanted to know what you thought.
My plug only has two wires.

UPDATE:
Alright...I'm back.
I took the alternator back off and took it to another auto parts store and had it retested.( I did do all you suggested, and it seemed to all point toward the alternator).

The alternator failed the voltage test, so...go a new alternator and already re-installed it.
Everything is working fine.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, everything you said was right on the money!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,172 Posts
Glad to hear you're on the road again - no Suzuki ever deserves to be parked - ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
2000 Vitara Battery/Charging Problems

All:

Many thanks for the replies and advice here! I'm having similar problems with my wife's Vitara. Battery discharged, tested, found to be bad. Was replaced with a NAPA batt...same problem: discharged. At the mechanic now...I have a suspicion that the alternator is bad, but there is/was no indicator light on the dashboard (the +/- battery light), *except* for about 1/2 second just before I turned the ignition off. Last time this happened, the mechanic tested the alternator, said that it was good. Now I'm wondering...bad relay? Bad wiring? Loose/disconnected wire?

I'll hope for the best. Again, my thanks! I'll keep checking here on the forums for responses from you folks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2003 Suzuki Aerio SX Won't Start

Hello everybody. I accidentally cross-jumped my 2003 Suzuki Aerio SX, and now the car won't start. We ran this by a mechanic, and he told us these cars have an auto shut off if accidentally cross-jumped. Does anybody how we can reset the battery? Thank you so much for your help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2003 Suzuki Aerio SX Won't Start

Hello everybody. I accidentally cross-jumped my 2003 Suzuki Aerio SX, and now the car won't start. We ran this by a mechanic, and he told us these cars have an auto shut off if accidentally cross-jumped.

The fuses are checked, everything is good, and there is NOTHING happening when the ignition is turned on. The battery is also fully charged and in good condition. Does anybody how we can reset the battery? Thank you so much for your help!

·
Registered
8,421 Posts
Hello Does anybody how we can reset the battery? Thank you so much for your help!
No such thing as resetting the battery... :confused:

If you indeed cross connected the battery, you need to check the ECU, bad thing happen when you apply 12vdc+ to the wrong side of delicate electronics... :eek:

... Philip

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
check main battery master fuse and Alt fuses first, i bet one, if not both have blown, then start looking for where the smoke has escaped.

These fuses are often overlooked, and people just check the fuse box under the dash and one under the hood. Somethings blown, even with a fried ECU you will still get internal lights, headlights and idiot lights on the dash. Whether it starts or not is another issue.

Do the headlights work?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts