Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one key-less remote transmitter for my 2010 SX4 Crossover Hatchback which works fine. The remote case says that if the battery needs replacing to use a CR2025.

As I looked into this more carefully online I was coming across CR2025 batteries that are made for specific car's key-less remotes, and a warning to be sure to get the right CR2025 battery replacement for your particular car's remote.

Does anyone know what this is about? I assumed all CR2025 batteries are virtually the same. So, I was intending to get a CR2025 at any store that carries them as a backup battery. Now I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do.

Is there anyone out there who has knowledge of this strange situation stated in paragraph two above?

·
Registered
862 Posts
... CR2025 batteries that are made for specific car's key-less remotes..
That is a joke....a CR2025 is a CR2025, period. Claiming one it specific for a particular remote is just trying to boostr the price. THis battery size (20mm diameter, 2.5 mm thick) is less in use than other varieties , CR2016 (1.6 mm thick) and CR 2032 (3.2 mm thick) so they may say it is just for remotes...but it a battery....all of them 3 volt batteries. THe thicker ones just pack more energy .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts