Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to start my 930cc SH410 alto (1999) yesterday and - nothing - the battery has failed and it's an Exide battery just over 4 years old. One of the cells contains an opaque sludge and the other five are clear. My questions are - 1 - is the battery type a "055" and second - are there any preferred manufacturers? I though Exide was a good brand but this has put me off a bit. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,124 Posts
Your battery failed after four years of service and you're "put off a bit"? Seriously, what were you expecting?
Some questions for you - was the car driven frequently during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic lockdown? Were any steps taken to prevent the battery from being excessively discharged during the lockdown?

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
hell, I'd be stoked to get 4 years out of a battery. 3 and a bit is my average.

·
Super Moderator
15,124 Posts
Co-incidentally, this morning I was changing out the battery in my daughter's car (the JB420), I think she said it went in in late 2018, so a little over two years, and I found in the glove box of my SQ420, the receipt & warranty docs for that battery - June of 2016 - just shy of five years and going strong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts