Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has stumped more than a few mechanics already. I'm sure the solution is something simple, but nobody can find it.

I've got a 2001 Chevy Tracker (aka Vitara). 2.0L, automatic, A/C, power everything.

Occasionally the interior fan and running lights will stay on, even after I have shut off the vehicle and removed the key.

This only happens during extended periods of really wet weather. It is sporadic and not predictable. Often the interior fan and running lights will come on hours after I have parked the vehicle. The lights seem to be triggered by the night sensor on the dash, because they won't come on by themselves during the day. This results in a dead battery when I try to start the truck in the morning. I have resorted to disconnecting the battery when I park.

This is a problem I need to resolve because I would like to give the Tracker to my wife to drive our daughter around. I don't want to give them a vehicle that is likely to leave them stranded.

Any thoughts?

thx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything is stock.

The only other electrical issue I have had was an interior light fuse (it was corroded).

I have owned this vehicle for 5 years. This battery draining issue first occurred 2 years ago. It was fairly common for about 6 months, then it stopped occurring.

Now, after about a year of no problems, it has started again with the interior fan staying on the and the running lights coming on. Again, it only happens during really damp weather.

I think the problem is some component that controls power to both the interior fan and the night sensor on the top of the dash. I don't know what component this could be (a relay switch of some kind?). :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts