Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Folks. I recently was car shopping with my sister and we found a 2003 automatic Aerio. She fell in love with it and i personally found it to be alot of fun to drive. Was quite impressed with how powerful the little engine was.

Im the family mechanic of sorts and i had some questions about the Aerio. First off it doesnt look like there is a temperature gauge on the all digital dash. How can we tell how the temperature is doing on this car?

Theres also a bit of a pop from the front passenger side of the car when going over bumps. Is this likely the strut? Or is there another common fail part on the car?

Anything i should know about Aerio's in general? Thank's guys.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As far as the temp is concerned, until the temperature reaches normal operating temperature, a blue thermometer appears on the dash. When it is in the normal range, nothing shows, and when it gets hot a red thermometer shows on the dash in the same place as the blue one.

The pop could be control arm bushings, ball joints, or any number of moving parts in there. Best have it checked.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Crimmy,
I have a 2003 Aerio SX manual that I bought new. Can't speak to your "pop", but I've had some rattles going over bumps for several years. I've gone over every part of the suspension with a rubber hammer, and tried jiggling and shaking everything on each wheel while raised and on the ground, but I can't reproduce the sound. As long as the tires wear properly I won't worry about it anymore.

I did have a clunk a few years ago when accelerating or braking, and it was one of the bolts on the control arm was about a quarter turn loose (there are a series of 17 mm bolts holding most of the suspension together, so I now check them all once a year to make sure they are all snug), no more clunks since.

Other than that, the only work I have done on my Aerio, other than routine filters/liquids/tires/brakes/spark plugs, was to clean my Idle Air Control Valve after the engine stopped idling properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello. I noticed you said you bought a manual for your car. Where did you find one? I have a 2003 Aerio sx. But can not find a manual.. I also have a green light on my instrument panel right next to the rpm's meter.. It looks like a faint green box. no writing in it.. Would you happen to know what that is??

·
Registered
154 Posts
Di,
I bought the car new, it came with the manual.

In the upper left edge off the RPM gauge is the "Cruise Set" indicator. It is green.

Just to the right of the fuel gauge is the "Overdrive Off" indicator, which is blank on my car as it has a manual transmission.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts