Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently i am using a 12" ord steel rim, and using a 5-12 tire. can the 12" steel rim accommodate road log tires a.k.a. "kargador"?

·
Registered
69 Posts
if you opt for low profile 13" tires, you don't need a "lift" but if you decide to use the 13" "kargador" tires, you need some amount of lift. If you saw the pic of my ride in the garage, you'll notice i'm using the kargador tires. I have around 2" of lift up front and maybe 3" in the rear...for the offraod look. But these tires are no good for on-road use since they're very noisy and has too much rolling resistance. That's speaking from experience because I have replaced my front tires with Kenda 165/80R13 tires. Just waiting for my rear tires to wear out, then replace them likewise.

Btw, I would suggest a 185/70R13 tire size since it's a little wider than the 165/80R13 but almost the same tire height.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can i see the pic of your ride? ic, so ur saying that kargador is not really that advisable...main advantage is only having good looks ;-)

if i opt for 13" mags. does it look bad if i put a little lift? approx. how much is the price of 13" rim?

·
Registered
69 Posts
for the pic, just check my garage. yup, they're just for looks and maybe would help if you plan on fording creeks since they are tall tires(24"+). If you travel mostly on roads better settle for some smooth running commercial tires.

I did not remove the lifting flanges eventhough i replaced the front tires and it doesn't look as if it is using stilts.

Sorry i don't have any idea on the prices of 13" rims. I bought my truck with them already installed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tnx for the info. i dont if its ok to say to ask this question here or i need to open a new topic. anyhow just buzz me about this.

i notice that upon starting almost the entire body my cab is shaking. this is due to what?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts