Suzuki Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4WD convertible hardtop 1.6L 8V A/T, P/S, A/C and 1995 Geo Tracker donor
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Brain Light 💡 is On! Thanks.
It’s just like other water cooled engines with A/T.
My other hobby is air cooled VW busses. Totally different animal. No radiator.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You are correct about that! No radiator, but mandatory use of the the air to oil cooling!

·
Registered
1994 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4WD convertible hardtop 1.6L 8V A/T, P/S, A/C and 1995 Geo Tracker donor
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Progress: Finally got the front driveshaft bolts loose and dropped the transmission pan. No metal shavings( even at magnet), no contamination of fluid or burnt smell.
Ordered new filter and gaskets.
Peculiar round protruding plate discovered when pan removed. 4 bolts to remove but I don’t know what it is so didn’t remove. I’m still searching for the elusive “modulator”. Might this peculiar round protrusion in transmission be the modulator? Have been reading the 835 page manual till my eyes glaze over.
The dream of driving this little jewel keeps me motivated.

·
Super Moderator
25,243 Posts
The vacuum modulator is outside of the tranny, and I believe on the right side. It looks like this:
There will be a vacuum hose going to it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I found it yesterday after reading the transmission section 7 of the 835 page manual posted on this site. That manual is amazing. Love the troubleshooting charts.

Thanks for helping. Your picture isn’t greasy like my module.😏
That thin wrench that’s required to remove or turn vent down to check for fluid is my next obstacle. Transmission filter ordered online- arrives today. Think I’ll take weekend off to drive the Bama woods in my 94 Zuk. She’s showing signs of jealousy and battery maintenance is more fun than transmissions.
😎
Thanks again. I love this forum. Wonder if you guys realize how big of a help it is when beginners are wading through the internet mirage of Zuk/Track/Kiks.

·
Registered
1997 Geo Tracker 2door, RWD, 3L30 auto.
35 Posts
The wrench for the modulator is often on eBay. I bought one for about $20.00.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,742 Posts
I cut a couple out of some thin plate steel, my kids and their friends walked off with them...

Reactions: Geo97

·
Super Moderator
25,243 Posts
See posts 6 and 7 here. A 30mm bicycle wrench…..

21 - 28 of 28 Posts