Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone tell me how to get to the speedo sensor. I presume its on the gearbox but need to tell my wife who is with the car in France how to fit the replacement she has arriving tomorrow. She wont drive home with no speedo. Any help would be much appreciated.. Thank you

·
Registered
468 Posts
Welcome.

This is from the dealer service manual, however the pic is very small for it's location.

Sitting in the car it appears to be on the transmission, topside, just right of the master cyl. Mine is an auto, so I cannot take a pic of it and send it to you. Autos have them in a diff. location unfortunately. It is vertical.

Removal

1-disconnect neg. batt. cable.
2-disconnect vss coupler (I believe the elec. connector)
3-remove vss

Installation
1-check o-ring and vss surface for their flawlessness, appply oil to o-ring and driven gear and then install vss to trans.

Tightening torque 4.0 lb-ft
2-Connect vss coupler
3-Connect neg. cable at batt.

Hope this is helpful.

This applies to cars with the steering wheel on the left. Not clear where you are, and if the directions will apply as to where it is located.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, I am in the UK so right hand drive. I think she should be ok finding it as there are only the reverse light switch and Speedo sensor on the gearbox if I am correct. She has downloaded a speedo app on her phone so is happier to drive it home if she cant install the speedo sensor. My brother who drove the car to France last year said he disconnected the sensor so his wife would not know he had been somewhere so it looks like it just needs connecting lol. Thank you for your kind help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.